Woodland Star Educational Foundation
About Woodland Star Educational Foundation:
Woodland Star Educational Foundation was founded in 2000 to support Woodland Star Charter School. We are a group of parents working to financially support Woodland Star Charter School by
- Securing and maintaining appropriate facilities for the Charter School;
- Enabling the Charter School to procure and maintain adequate educational materials and equipment;
- Enabling the School to acquire and utilize any and all resources to further the Charter School
In the past we have raised money to pay for supplies to build a kindergarten playground, purchase books for classroom libraries, contribute to the purchase of shade structures for solar power at the school, build a "big" student playground, and landscape the campus with native plants. The past 4 years we have raised money to help meet the financial needs of Woodland Star Charter School during a time when reduced funding to the school budget cut deeply into the school’s income. While educational funding levels have been slowly increasing, they still fall below what it costs to educate a child with the Waldorf-inspired model. This coming school year we project a shortfall of $1,160, which we hope to recoup via the family giving program and fundraising. The funds received from our fundraising efforts go to the school so that we can maintain our Waldorf inspired program. We work hard at the Foundation so that the students can continue to enjoy our many specialty programs: Spanish, Handwork, Music, Movement and Woodwork.
How you can help:
- sign up for our Family Giving Program Family Giving Program Sign up Form
- donate an auction item for our school online auction or Live Auction
- join our Triathlon Team
- make a one time cash donation.
- join a fundraising committee
- join the grant committee
- join the WSEF Board
Please join us in continuing to support the faculty and students of Woodland Star Charter School.
Shop our affiliates: